WKN WORLD OFFICE OPENS A NEW REPRESENTATION IN AFRICA . GHANA WITH MR. LAWRENCE NMAI NYANYO
* Two WKN promotions will be organize this year in GHANA . WELCOME TO GHANA INTO THE WKN FAMILY !
P R O F I L E
Name: Lawrence NMAI NYANYO
born: 29. April 1986 in Accra / Ghana
status: Bachelor, no children
A) Education and Qualification
- Junior High School / Technical School
- Diploma f. Kickboxing, DAN 4, issued by the Polish Fed. of Martial Arts and Defensive Sports by the Polish Kickboxing President, Mr. Pawel Handzuk, on May 18, 2009
- Diploma f. Kickboxing, DAN 4, issued by the Polish Fed. of World Martial Arts and Defensive Sports, issued also by Mr. Pawel Handzuk on May 18, 2009
- Certificate / Licence for Kickboxing Instructor, “B-Level” acc. to ISCSA standards,
issued by the ISCSA President, Mr. Dragon Pesic on 6.12.2009.
- Certificate of participation in Africa MMA and Muay Thai Seminar on 1.6.2009 in Accra.
- Certificate for completing the grading for the rank of BLACK BELT, issued by the Taekwondo Club Ghana, Mr. Emmanuel Adofo, Chief Instructor on 2.11.2004
- Master Certificate for the GRADUATION BLACK BELT, 5th DAN. (Unifying all styles, in Full-, Semi- and Light Contact Combat Sport / Kickboxing) Issued on 25th 6. 2010 by the President of ISKA Vienna, Mr. Fritz Exenberger.
- Certificate of Ghana Kickboxing Federation, Membership dated 21.9.2006
- Life Membership (No. 56) of World Martial Arts and Defensive Sports Federation,
issued by Mr. Handzuk, President of the Polish Federation of Martial Arts and Defensive Sports on 18.5.2009
C) International Representative
- Certificate of Directorship of Polish Federation of Martial Arts and Defensive
Sports, issued by the President, Mr. Handzuk on 18th May, 2009
- Certificate of Directorship of World Martial Arts and Defensive Sports Federation,
issued by the President, Mr. Handzuk on 18th May, 2009
D) Achievements – Highlights
- 2. + 3. 11. 2006 Korea Cup 2006, Gold win – open Championship MW
- 11.+12.10.2007 Korea Cup Taekwondo Championship, 3rd place, HW
- 2.5. 2008 Kickboxing Champ. Cairo, 1st place
- 18.8.2008 Kickboxing Champ. Ugada, 1st place
- 2008 Kickboxing Champ. Cairo, 3rd place
- 30.5.2009 World Marshall Arts Champ. Cairo, K-1, 3rd place
- 25.9.2009 Kickboxing Champ. Cairo, 1st place
- Nov. 2009 Kickboxing Champ. Cairo, 1st place
And many more fights which I did not list
Fight record: 18 wins, 7 losses
E) Interest – Hobbies
Table Tennis, Snooker, traveling, music, social engagements
F) Present activities
Besides of the preparation for the anticipated Fights in this year I do
– Fitness training with expatriates and with my team
– Body work out with various Clients and with my team
– I am training amateurs and Pros for the Kickboxing competitions.
I have organized a NATIONAL TITLE FIGHT here in Accra in March 2011
G) Extract from the website
Lawrence “The Punisher” Nyanyo-Nmai: when he was 19 years old, established himself as one of the most talented and explosive fighters in Africa and the rest of the world. Born in Ghana, moved to the Netherlands to develop his skills as a Muay Thai Kickboxer.
In 2006, his first year as a pro, he made his mark winning 2 fights in a year. In 2008, he fought against Ahmed Pharaon (Egypt) and won his first African Muay Thai event. His next victory came in 2008 against Oily Nyko for another WASKO African championship. Lawrence won that fight by unanimous decision. In May 2009 at the A-1 ISKA cup in Hurgada, Egypt, after three consecutive knockouts in one night Lawrence won his first tournament championship. In 2009 Lawrence had two of the biggest victories of his young career via knockout. Two months later he once again knocked out WK1 super star Ahmed Pharaon. In 2009 Lawrence became an ISKA light heavy weight champion in Africa
Lawrence trained under Lucien Carbin at the fighting factory Carbin in Amsterdam during his visit in the Netherlands. Later he had interest in grappling and Brazilian Jiujitsu and began to train with New Breed Ghana under TJ Sulit
A second intensive training under Lucien Carbin at the fighting factory Carbin in Amsterdam.took place in June 2010